I agree.  When it comes to trolls and other threads such as these, sometimes
the best course of action is to do nothing but hit the delete button.  This
is the "Let it drop because no one will remember it in a couple of days,
anyway" philosophy.  Ignore trolls and they often go away.  If they don't,
then into the kill file they go.

just my $.01 after taxes,
John

>  Those of us that have been on mailing-lists for many years have a name
for
>  the orginal message. Its called a troll. When someone trolls your list,
>  you simply do not respond to it, as that is the purpose of the troll and
>  get on with your lives. Some people have spent entirely too much time
>  worrying about this when you don't even know if he even had a crack, and
>  if he did fine. If you care, email him privately, if you don't, then
>  you delete it. I'm just simply amazed at the amount of energy and time
>  that went into this thread. This stuff just isn't that hard...
>
>  andy
>
>  On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Jennifer Cribbs wrote:
>
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > I have sent a post to the management team here and I am sending a copy
of it
>  > for "whomever it concerns" or "is concerned" in reading it here to
>  > groupstudy, as I try to shoot a straight pistol, as we say in TX.  The
only
>  > thing that is not included in this e-mail is the thread of conversation
that
>  > was included with the original to the hotline, which I am sure everyone
is
>  > familiar with.  I would also like to please ask people not to reply to
>  > anything else Mr.Skinner says about me.  It does not matter.  I am not
>  > responding anymore.  I thank everyone for the support.
>  >
>  > I partly blame myself for allowing myself to be put in a situation
where this
>  > could possibly occur.  I like this group, and I hope I will continue to
like
>  > it.  I have learned a valuable lesson today and one which I will
remember.
>  >
>  > Thank you,
>  > Jennifer Cribbs
>  > -------------------------------------------
>  >
>  > Good Afternoon,
>  >
>  > I have a problem I want to bring to someone's attention.  I am
enclosing a
>  > thread at the bottom of this e-mail that I wanted to send this for
someone to
>  > read.  There are multiple threads Mr Skinner has started listed in the
digest
>  > from the last few issues and they are entitled "Boson vs Colt", or
something
>  > similiar.  Today, he make very derogatory remarks concerning three
people and
>  > so I replied to him and called him on his disrespect. I have received
>  > numerous e-mails from other people on this list apologising for
Mr.Skinner's
>  > reply mail to me which was very callous, and is why I am sending this.
My
>  > first thought on this is that it should not be necessary for anyone to
>  > apologize for anyone else's e-mail.  Noone is responsible for their
actions
>  > except that person.
>  >
>  > This is supposed to be a list for people to learn and this man is
taking up
>  > good server space with his games and is distracting the purpose of this

>  > groupstudy.  And, I would like to point out that in the last mail he
sent,
>  > which is at the top of this thread I am including, he specifically is
saying
>  > he is here to play games with people.  Anyone can be tempted,
especially if
>  > their finances might be in trouble.  Even for a $30.00 Boson test.  But
is
>  > this site resorting to "allowing" this type of game playing to go on
with no
>  > repercussions of any kind....He is not here to learn.  He is trying to
get a
>  > rise out of people and distract people and test people in their basic
>  > principles of honesty and intregrity.  And he has insulted me, and my
>  > husband!
>  >
>  > I truely enjoy this group, and I am trusting that someone will handle
this
>  > properly and promptly.  I would very much like a reply to this please
and
>  > would also like to be informed of any action taken or of the occurance
of any
>  > further actions regarding this.  I feel a public post would be
appropriate in
>  > this situation informing all members of whatever action is done or not
done,
>  > since many are upset.
>  >
>  > I also am aware that I should not have been goaded into any type of
response
>  > to this type of mail, but since it has occured, how do we handle it??
This