The secret to passing The Lab is not to ask the proctor "what kind of a
sparrow" but to tell the proctor what you know of the several species of
sparrow, the velocities of each, and then ask which one he would prefer ;->

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Ray
Mosely
Sent:   Friday, January 12, 2001 3:11 PM
To:     Howard C. Berkowitz; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: Useful things to do with trolls

What kind of sparrow?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Howard C. Berkowitz
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 2:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Useful things to do with trolls

>I agree.  When it comes to trolls and other threads such as these,
sometimes
>the best course of action is to do nothing but hit the delete button.  This
>is the "Let it drop because no one will remember it in a couple of days,
>anyway" philosophy.  Ignore trolls and they often go away.  If they don't,
>then into the kill file they go.
>
>just my $.01 after taxes,
>John

Bringing the subject back to networking, remember, when studying
bridging, that a troll traditionally is the layer below the bridge.
Unfortunately, no bridge management tool of which I am aware is
preprogrammed to ask:

     "what is your name?
     "what is your quest?
     "what is the velocity of the sparrow?

Is implementing this capability a potential CCIE lab requirement?

>>   Those of us that have been on mailing-lists for many years have a name
>for
>>   the orginal message. Its called a troll. When someone trolls your list,
>>   you simply do not respond to it, as that is the purpose of the troll
and
>>   get on with your lives. Some people have spent entirely too much time
>>   worrying about this when you don't even know if he even had a crack,
and
>>   if he did fine. If you care, email him privately, if you don't, then
>>   you delete it. I'm just simply amazed at the amount of energy and time
>>   that went into this thread. This stuff just isn't that hard...
>  >

Andy