Can we assume that you have tried the same terminal software and console
cable on a working router?
Regarding power supplies. Sometimes the pins on the motherboard become
covered with a residue. Use something abrasive to clean them before
attaching the power supply. It has worked for me on PCs.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/itg_v1/tr1903.htm#xtocid178
1610

I have a 2520 router that when it boots the OK LED stays lit but the
console produces no indication of boot activity. THe above articles
suggest checking the power supply, so I tried a known working PS
and got the same outcome.

I tried reseating the chips on the board...and even booting without them.

Seems like it must be a bad motherboard.  Anyone have any other
suggestions. Thanks!