In the pix config it says I can telnet to the inside IP address  from
another IP address.  Often when I do this I get:
$ telnet (ip address)
Trying...
telnet: connect: A remote host did not respond within the timeout
period.

Then I get on the console.....and do a show xlate (no data appears) yet
I do a  clear xlate and then I can get onto the pix  immediately.  But
if I divert my attention for a couple of minutes....I am hung and must
hit X to get out of the telnet session and then go to the console and
clear xlate again.   If I timeout and try again I usually need to clear
xlate again from the console.  This has happened repeatedly and I am
getting reports of other 9net addresses hanging when attempting to get
thru the firewall also......causing  their application on port 5461  to
timeout.

I do not see my attempts that fail in the log.....only those that get
established.  How can I fix this?