I've never heard of SPD, but as usual a quick search at CCO gave results:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios112/ios112p/xprn
112/141503.htm

New Features in Release 11.2(5)P:
Selective Packet Discard (SPD)
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios112/ios112p/xprn
112/141503.htm#xtocid2187540

I have a feeling that this may have been phased out though with other router
switching/queuing technologies taking it's place (FIFO, WFQ, CBWFQ, WRED,
etc.).

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+