Before we get all feature crazed here, let me make a point in the defence of
simplicity.  Given the fact that technical and in some cases corporate ownership of
enterprise networks is often transient, it is always wise to implement systems in
simplistic ways.  Naturally there has to be some balance between functionality and
simplicity, but I'd always tend toward the simple side.

With respect to the use of dynamic VLANs, I have simply seen very few instances where
this type of functionality was a necessity.  Given the additional complexity and the
very high likelihood, particularily in the educational space, that new staff will
inherit the system sometime down the road, I would strong consider the options before
deploying such a setup.