What version of code is your xl switch running.  This may be a cosmetic issue if you
are
dealing with different cdp versions.   Are the ports on the router and switch both set
auto/auto for speed and duplex.  If you have one side of the connection set to full
duplex
and the other side set to auto, you will get duplex mismatches.  This is because the
side
that is set to auto is sending out FLP's, (fast link pulses), it is also waiting to
hear
FLP's.  If it hears FLP's then it knows it can run full duplex.  If it does not hear
FLP's, ie, the other side is incapable of Full Duplex or is hard set to Full Duplex,
then
the side set to auto will run at half duplex.

Joe