Hmm, you would be better of getting a book which explains the basics of IP
addressing, but let me see if I can explain it a little for you.

I do not know how much you know about the classes, but 130.5.0.0 is a class
B because the two first bit's in the first octet starts with 10. - 130 is
10000001 in binary.

So in a class B network you now know that it starts with 10 and the network
uses 2 octets, so you have the following networks available as class B :
10000000.00000000 thru 10111111.11111111 or 128.0.x.x thru 191.255.x.x, so
where the 5 comes from in 130.5.0.0 is just whatever class B address is
available in that scope - this could have been 156.17.0.0 instead.

Lets say that you get the 130.5.0.0 network from your isp, you would then
have 65534 (2^16 minus 2) available addresses for devices on your network.
That's a lot, so if you have a number of departments in your company you
wish to isolate on the network, you can split the network up in subnets,
based on how many subnets you want, and how many hosts you need on the
biggest subnet.

For example, if you choose to use the third octet for subnetting, you can
have 256 networks with 254 (256-2) hosts on each. That way 130.5.11.120
could be a workstation on network 130.5.11.0 and 130.5.28.39 could be a
printer on network 130.5.28.0.

The way you would specify that subnet scenario would be by using the subnet
mask 255.255.255.0.

The 130.5.x.x now changes to 130.5.0.x (or 130.5.1.x, 130.5.2.x, etc.)

If you are still confused, I would recommend that you read a book about it,
because you really need to know the basics and up to be comfortable messing
with it.

A book like Todd Lammle's CCNA study guide for exam 640-507 has a pretty
good explanation about all this, and if you choose to read the entire book
and follow all the examples and practise it on a couple of Cisco routers,
you would find yourself a lot smarter, and you could even be smart enough to
try the CCNA exam and get certified.

Anyway, there's a LOT of books out there with good TCP/IP explanations in
them, so what I would do if I was you, would be to follow these steps:

1) Click here http://www.groupstudy.com/bookstore/index.html
2) Look at the books and click on any of them to jump to Amazon.com
        (this is important so they can see that you came from groupstudy)
3) Search for books about tcp/ip or ccna
4) Read the reviews - I would not choose any books with less than 4 stars
5) When you have found a book you would like to buy, copy the ISBN number
6) Go to http://www.booksamillion.com and choose search for ISBN and paste
the number
7) Most of the times, you can find the same book there cheaper than
Amazon.com
8) Buy the book and sign up for a years membership for only $5.- which you
will save right away
9) When you receive the book - read it.

Hth,

Ole