try show spant 3 and see if any of the ports are blocking

just a guess

""alex campbell"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> <DIV>could a catalyst 5500 expert please help me out here.</DIV>
> <DIV>i have 2 cat 5500s. there are 12 vlans set on each one</DIV>
> <DIV>they are connected via an isl link, and each cat has an rsm at the
bottom</DIV>
> <DIV>vlan 3 is the printer vlan</DIV>
> <DIV>on sunday, there was full connectivity between all vlans..i.e
everything could ping everything else.</DIV>
> <DIV>today however...if i plug the printer into the second catalyst
switch...the RSM in switch 1 can ping it....but the switch itself
CANNOT!</DIV>
> <DIV>it times out..and there seem to be no config changes at all! ive made
sure the port is ok, its not channeling or anything...but no luck :(</DIV>
> <DIV>the problem seems to be on the second switch...if i attach the
printer to swtich 1, then both rsms and both swtiches can reach it...</DIV>
> <DIV>the thing is...if there was a probl;em with the port in switch 2,
then surely the RSM wouldnt be able to ping it...and it can ping it
fine!!</DIV>