Hi Group,
I'm facing problems setting up a VPN connection with Altiga and Windows
2000 CA server. (Using L2TP)
Can anyone advise/suggest  the correct procedure of implementing the
solutions ?
Componets of of my Network are :-

1. A Cisco Router 3640
2. A Pix Firewall 515
3. Altiga 3000 VPN Concentrator
4. Switch 2948G- L3
5. Windows 2000 Advance Server.

I run the NAT on PIX and currently have only ports 80,443,22 &1352 open.

I followed the procedures :
"Installing Digital Certificates on Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator" ,
"Configuring the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator for Microsoft Windows 2000
Support" & "Using a Microsoft Windows 2000 Client to Connect to  the
Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator"

These all references are download from the offical Cisco Web Site.

After doing these a protocol error
"Error 789 : The L2TP connection attempt  failed because the security
layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with
the remote computer."
Also from the design perspective advise me where to keep the Certificate
Server, like should it be in the DMZ or running in the internal network
(does it really matter ?)

On the Alitga, in the ESP-L2TP-TRANSPORT template, what are the settings
that should be there ?
The error may be related to the fact, that we accidently deleted the
transport template and re-added it .

Also advice the on how to setup the Windows 2000 Certificate Server ?

Regards

Manoj Ghorpade.
([EMAIL PROTECTED])