See, I know that a normal switch will treat the multicast as a broadcast,
but if I wanted ONLY to send the data to stations participating in the
multicast group, I would need to have something like IGMP running on the
router and CGMP on the switch, unless there's another way to do it, which
could be descriped later in the chapter.

The reason why I actually broad this up, was because I started thinking
about a scenario where you have a very small company with only one LAN (or
VLAN for those of you who like to use that term) and NO router. It would
seem a waste of power and money to purchase a router only for the purpose of
not sending out multicast data to non-multicast-participating workstations.

Thanks,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Ole Drews Jensen