From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Daniel Cotts
Sent:   Wednesday, January 17, 2001 7:06 PM
To:     Craig Columbus; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: Sorta OT: More than T1, less than T3...

Multiplexed T-1s are an option. Companies such as Larscom and Digital Link
make inverse multiplexers that will combine up to 6 T-1s. I am used to the
Digital Link box. It's output towards your LAN is either V.35 or HSSI.
Larscom makes a box called an EtherSpan than converts HSSI to Ethernet. So
you can use any router that has an Ethernet interface. Telco -> (2-6 T-1s)
->Digital Link Inverse Mux -> HSSI -> Larscom EtherSpan -> Ethernet ->
router.
By time that you pay for all of those T-1s you might be approaching the cost
of a T-3.