Hello, gang.
I'd like to know if anyone has seen this behaviour of a 4505 (v.11.2) where
it is able to handle heavy traffic throughout the day with no more than a
50% cpu utilisation max but shows a few periods of spikes up to 98% when
there is no WAN traffic say 4am or 9pm. These spikes show up as "outgoing"
traffic which lasts ~15 to 20 mins on MRTG chart. Nothing shows up on the
syslogs. I once tried sniffer before the router "crashed" and all i saw was
a build up of ICMP and "other" packets. My guess is this is because the
router is not responding to client requests thus it keeps getting a barage
of "ICMP". This only shows up on the ethernet ports, i.e. coming in from e0,
out e1 in reference to MRTG.
Any ideas would help. Thanks.

Elmer Deloso