Hi,

I had several goes at this on Saturday but my outgoing mail was failing.

I have found this sort of thing can happen when you get a nasty liitle routing loop
and of a "stuck in active".  One way to find what is happening could be to do a "show
proc cpu" note what processes are happening,  wait a minute or so and do it again note
what is happening, wait the same period of time and repeat the procedure.  Then
compare each to see if you can identify what prcess is doing the damage. This is made
much easier if you baseline you cpu utilisation.  That is,  when things are going fie
do as above for a comarison of when it is failing.

If things are really bad you may need to do the above from the console.  If so, check
what is going through the console and note any messages fly through there.  This may
indeed be your problem.  Once you know what is be sent to the console do a "no logging
console" and check the cpu.  With any luck the errors going to the console will be in
the log.  "show log".

It often takes some time to find but the methods above might help.  The hardest is the
nasty little loop.  (Which can be across Nations).

Hope this helps,

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Austalia