NetBIOS can be transported over three main protocols, IP, IPX or at layer 2 over LLC
(type 2 I believe).  Netbeui is simply the name for Netbios over LLC.  The lack of a
layer 3 transport lends to all the criticism of its ability to scale, and also to its
easy of use since it simply floods broadcast domains by default.

Pete

---
Peter A. van Oene
Juniper Networks Inc.