To get an ASN you have to show that you either have a unique routing policy
or that you are multihomed to separate providers.  Sure, there are lots of
companies that have multiple internet connections, but how many *really*
need to have redundant connections to separate ISPs?  Not really that many,
since there are other ways to achieve redundancy.

Now, with that said, we applied for and received an ASN a couple of months
ago and they have already issued over 300 since then.  At that rate, it
won't be too long before we run into trouble.

John