Yes, this is very true that Dr. Perlman's book should be on the shelf....
Here is my list (and the reading procedure.)

1. Interconnection 2nd edition
2. Routing TCP/IP vol 1
3. IRA. 1st edition
4. Caslow's 2nd edition.
5. Cisco ATM solution
6.Integrating Voice and data networks.

I have already finished 1-3 multiple times and I really find it is helpful
for my daily job. Now I am doing 4, after reading it from cover to cover, I
will go for a written test.....

One more point, personally, I think Interconnection 2nd edition should be
read and understand before anything else...