Eric you should check out these books, too. These are my favorites:

Radia Perlman's Interconnections- (helps you stop for a minute and tear into
how things really work in a non-vendor specific view- read front to back
read's really nice <STP referrence for obvious reasons>)

Andrew Tannenbaum- (kindof scary book, but is nice to have around as the
real bottom line. Awfully dry kindof like reading a VCR manual, but nothing
is left out)

Jeff Doyle's Routing TCP/IP first edition- (for RIPv1&2, EIGRP, OSPF)

Sam Halabi's BGP- (get crazy with BGP4, I haven't touched Jeff Doyle's new
book, but you can be confident (I believe) if you learn what is in Halabi's
book on BGP you have surely covered what will be required of you on the CCIE
<make sure you get Halabi's second edition>)

Caslow's CCIE second edition (wonderfull book for referrence at the practice
lab)

CCNP BCRAN Osbourne\McGraw Hill (for stuff like comression & frame relay
traffic shaping)

Exam Cram CCIE- (Good for the magazine rack in the bathroom)