Oz has not posted on here in a LONG time man, I thought I was the only who
remembered.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Steve H
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2001 11:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 3 down, 1 to go...(passed BCRAN)

In my case.. 1 down, 3 to go..

Congrats Mark.. I just finally got myself back on the study train myself,
and took the BCMSN Switching test today. I've been out of the study game,
and out of GroupStudy for about a year now (Sorry guys & gals!!!) ;-)

Well.. I finally found the motivation again, and passing todays test helped!
I also found myself not studying as dilligently as I could have. In the end,
I made it thru on 2 things.  Personal experience and 2 days of cramming with
the Cisco Press BCMSN Exam Certification Guide.  I broke down & bought it as
a last minute desparation move, as the Cisco Press BCMSN "course book" was
putting me to sleep every day by chapter 2.. (Theory is soooooo boring!!).

With only 2 days with the cert guide, I crammed the sample test & read the
chapter Q&A quizzes over & over.. and on the topics I didn't fully
understand, I read over as much of the chapter as I could to fill in the
mental blanks.

I do think I got a bit lucky, as there were a few area's I still feel weak
in, but either got no questions on those area's, or barely 1 or 2.

So, the concensus is that BCRAN is the easiest? Interesting. I thought
todays test was easier than I expected, but still enough to cause a bead or
2 of sweat..  Personally, I know I'm horrible at things like Async configs..
but ISDN I find rather easy.

If anyone is still around from the last time I haunted the list (Chuck..
Tony.. Ozzie.. Paul.. anyone... Buehler.. Buehler.. ) they'll probably
remember why.. but that was in another life ;-)

Interesting that everyone thinks CIT is the worst. Personally, I'm setting
aside 3 weeks hard study time for BSCN Routing as the hardest. I'm on a
tight personal goal schedule. 1 test every 2 weeks, but again, 3 for BSCN.
So, tomorrow I schedule the CIT and hit the books. I suspect I have an
advantage, in that most of my experience is raw troubleshooting. It's also
mostly in routing, over switching, but the BSCN goes into a depth I haven't
learned from experience yet. So, I'm planning heavy studies for that one.
CIT I'm more secure about.  Hopefully, it's not overconfidence..

If all goes well.. we (my test partner) should see CCNP accomplished by
mid-March.  As she likes to say "Failure is not an option" ;-)     Then
again.. one does not always need immediate gratification to achieve success.
But.. drive on we must!

Steve-H@ .. oh wait.. nevermind. Now it's just:
Stephen E. Hildenbrand, CCNP2Be

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Hey Group,
>        Just wanted to share my victory today over the BCRAN. Went in very
> unprepared  (first time going in feeling unsure) but still passed. I
barely
> studied for this one and my score reflected upon that but I still knew my
> stuff and passed. I have to agree with the masses when I say that this
test
> was very, very easy. I wouldn't even say that this was a 10th as hard as
the
> switching or routing 2.0's. Well, I got one more to go (dreaded CIT) and
then
> I can change my signature (it's about time) from CCNA, CCDA...to CCNP,
CCDA.
> God I can't wait.   =o)
>
> On a side note: The only thing I used to prepare for this test was
Lammle's