I share you sentiments too, Priscilla.

It looks a good site with lots of content for cert hunters like us !

Their ethics of teaching people to be good hackers is good, remember a hacker
is good, its a cracker you should watch out for. Do you think they really
meant that though ?

Steve

>===== Original Message From Priscilla Oppenheimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>At 08:37 AM 1/22/01, Rajeev Soni wrote:
>>Check it out.
>>
>>http://www.securax.org/roocoocoo/books/all.shtml
>
>Do you think the author of that site really has permission to publish all
>those books? I was pretty surprised to see the complete text of O'Reilly's
>classic "Building Internet Firewalls," for example, and John Wiley & Sons,
>"Applied Cryptography, Second Edition: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source
>Code in C."
>
>These are good books that people should BUY so that publishers can stay in
>business.
>
>I couldn't really figure out this roocoocoo site. Their ethics page says,
>"Our team strives to bring you everything on how you need to be oriented to
>become a successfull hacker." Pretty strange ethics.
>
>The page does have a lot of useful information, though. I wonder how the
>author would feel about someone else publishing it and not giving him
>credit (as he did with the books.)
>
>Priscilla

Steven Dangerfield, Network Engineer/Analyst
B.Eng, CCNA, CCSA

Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Totalise - the Users ISP