From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Albert Lu
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 11:03 PM
To: GroupStudy
Subject: Catalyst 5000 for home

Hi,

I would like to ask what's the minimum modules I need for a Cat5000 for a
home lab?

I'm considering a SupI(ws-x5009) and a ws-x5010 (24pt 10meg telco ports) or
ws-x5012 (48pt 10meg telco ports).

Is this sufficient for a CCIE lab, the SupI has a 100Meg uplink surely this
is enough to to ISL trunking, routing, etc, etc?

Or should I go for a ws-x5213a (12pt 100Meg). This module is much more
expensive than the other because of the onboard RJ45 and being 100Meg.

Thank you for you advice.

Albert