From: Liwanag, Manolito [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 11:38 AM
To: 'Cisco Group Study'
Subject: VPN through ADSL

I want one of our remote branch to access the internet via ADSL. The remote
branch will have the Alcatel ADSL router that the ISP will provide as well
as a Linksys router behind it for PAT and firewalling capabilities. I also
want to place a Cisco VPN client at a workstation in the remote branch to
connect to Corporate. Corporate has a PIX firewall with VPN capabilities.

My question is - Since the ISP uses DHCP to lease addresses for the ADSL
connection , will this affect my vpn connection?

My Answer is - No since the branch workstation will be PATed anyway.
Interesting traffic as defined by the VPN policy will allow packets to go
through to the Corporate location.

Can anyone verify if this train of thought is correct or is there a better
way to do this ?  Basically the remote branch needs access a Unix server in
corporate to be able to send a print job to the branch.

Thank you in advanced

Rgds,
Manolito