Phil/Mark,

It has nothing to do with the boot ROMS.  You need to run a "cookie", which
will upgrade the router from a CPA to a regular 2500.  After you upgrade the
router with the cookie, it will run 25xx software and the only difference
being the color of the paint.

-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796
Used Cisco Hardware: www.optsys.net

""Circusnuts"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
043c01c08a4e$93e1b9e0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:043c01c08a4e$93e1b9e0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Once upon a time- these models where sold by a lower level resellers &
> partners.  Because of the boot code, you would only run IP IOS.  Today-
just
> pop in a new set of "BOOT-2500=" ROM's & the only thing separating a
regular
> router from the a mainline 2500, is the white paint  :-)
>
> Phil

2501(white