From: Dennis Laganiere [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 12:44 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: ISDN error

I'm setting up my new Emutel Lite ISDN simulator and I'm this close to being
up (hold thumb and index finger very close together).  Can anybody tell me
what I'm doing wrong to get the last bit to work?  Attached are the configs
and the output from the show ISDN status command.  Thanks in advance to the
ones who figure it out.

RouterA
s ru
Building configuration...

Current configuration:
!
version 12.0
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
!
hostname routera
!
enable secret 5 $1$naI1$fKT5wJj8ZffPpJu294s6w.
!
ip subnet-zero
no ip domain-lookup
isdn switch-type basic-dms100
!
interface BRI0
 ip address 196.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer idle-timeout 90
 dialer map ip 196.1.1.2 name routerb broadcast 8995201
 dialer load-threshold 1 outbound
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-dms100
 isdn spid1 5101 8995101
 isdn spid2 5102 8995102
 no fair-queue
 ppp authentication chap
 ppp multilink
!
ip classless
!
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
alias exec co config t
!
line con 0
 password dismal
 login
 transport input none
line aux 0
 password dismal
 login
line vty 0 4
 password dismal
 login
!
end

routera#s isdn sta
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-dms100
ISDN BRI0 interface
        dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-dms100
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 64, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
        TEI = 65, Ces = 2, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
    Spid Status:
        TEI 64, ces = 1, state = 4(await init)
            spid1 configured, spid1 sent, spid1 NOT valid
        TEI 65, ces = 2, state = 4(await init)
            spid2 configured, spid2 sent, spid2 NOT valid
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Activated dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x80000003
   Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0
routera#

RouterB
routerb#s ru
Building configuration...

Current configuration:
!
version 12.0
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
!
hostname routerb
!
!
ip subnet-zero
no ip domain-lookup
isdn switch-type basic-dms100
!
interface BRI0
 ip address 196.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer idle-timeout 90
 dialer map ip 196.1.1.1 name routera
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-dms100
 isdn spid1 5201 8995201
 isdn spid2 5202 8995202
 ppp multilink
!
ip classless
!
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
alias exec co config t
!
line con 0
 transport input none
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
 login
!
end

routerb#s isdn sta
Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-dms100
ISDN BRI0 interface
        dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-dms100
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 64, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
        TEI = 65, Ces = 2, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
    Spid Status:
        TEI 64, ces = 1, state = 4(await init)
            spid1 configured, spid1 sent, spid1 NOT valid
        TEI 65, ces = 2, state = 4(await init)
            spid2 configured, spid2 sent, spid2 NOT valid
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Activated dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x80000003