>network 192.168.100.0 0.0.0.255 area 0.0.0.1
>
>Will the router take the 0.0.0.1 as area 1? Is there a good reason to do
>this?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Duncan Maccubbin
>Senior Network Engineer - ICS LLC
>CCNA, CCNP

What is the problem you are trying to solve? Yes, the 0.0.0.1 will be
accepted.  For that matter, I _strongly_ recommend always writing
area numbers in the four-octet form, because not all vendors will
interpret area 1 as 0.0.0.1; some will assume it is 1.0.0.0.

Is that what you mean by good reason?
--
"What Problem are you trying to solve?"
***send Cisco questions to the list, so all can benefit -- not

Howard C. Berkowitz      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Director, CertificationZone.com
Senior Mgr. IP Protocols & Algorithms, Core Networks Advanced Technology,
    NortelNetworks (for ID only) but Cisco stockholder!
"retired" Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CID) #93005