NO ...
I tried it too...

-----Original Message-----
From: Edmund Woltynski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 1:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CVoice problem....

Check your IOS versions - the earlier versions were buggy (we had the same
problem with
< 12.05) - I seem to recall something along the lines of ver 12.05XK or
12.0(7)XK- was
the minimum spec. The latest IOS 12.1 IP Plus works just fine. Check CCO.

Andrew Larkins wrote:

> We had the same problem here - all configs the same, but a dial is
garbled.
> The only solution was to upgrade the software to the same version

SOFTWARE
> (fc1)
> E&M voice cards
>
> on their WAN and running VoIP, We replaced the 3640 with a
>
> 3660     IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3640-IS-M), Version 12.0(8), RELEASE
> SOFTWARE (fc1)
> FXS voice cards
>
> Now we have voice problem. Whenever we try to place a call we hear only
some
> strange noises....
>
> Do you know the reason?... or can we solve it?... (Any solution other than
> IOS upgrade will be highly appriciated)
>
> Thanx

Regards
  Edmund Woltynski

   Ph: 08 83711492
   Fax: 08 82971774
   Mobile: 0414841704
   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   PSCS  web: http://www.pscs.com.au
   48 Spring Street
   NORTH PLYMPTON 5037
  State: South Australia
  Country: Australia
The information transmitted by the following e-mail is intended only for
the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any interception, review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use
of, or taking of any action upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited by law and may subject
them to criminal or civil liability. If you received this communication
in error, please contact us immediately at (618) 83711492, and delete
the communication from any computer or network system.