I have MGS routers which generate a lot of heat, so my chewing gum keeps
its flavor but not its shape. &;-)

At 07:45 PM 2/4/01, Gary Norman wrote:
>This is something I feel I should know by now, but here it is:  Do routing
>table updates and link state advertisements reflect access-list
>results on a router?

A router has two jobs:

* Forwarding packets
* Learning the network topology

The most common use for access lists is to permit or deny packets during
the forwarding process. But there's nothing to stop you from applying an
access list that would affect a routing protocol. Plus with some routing
protocols you can do distribute lists that specify which routes to
advertise or accept.

Priscilla