The BRI does actually have a different ip scheme because it is dialing a
totally different isp that the t1 service goes through. But I will try the
static routes. Thanks for the info.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Larson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 2:25 PM
To: 'Elijah Savage'; Cisco (E-mail)
Subject: RE: ISDN Dialup Backup

Address your BRI seperatly, add static routes to the networks through the
BRI, and then ping. Once you know you have connectivity and they are
dialing, you should be able to change the addressing and add the backup
interface command.

You can also setup your ISDN as if you are going to make it a production
backup interface, but instead of actually adding the backup interface
command on the dedicated line, add a route with a higher admin distance
through the BRI, then do a shut on the dedicated line. Traffic should almost
immediatly take the BRI if everything is setup right.

I know the second option does not sound any different then what you are
doing, but it is my experience that simply doing a shutdown will not kick in
a dedicated backup interface. You actually have to unplug the line. An ISND
backup used in conjunction with the backup interface command will not
respond to an administrative shutdown.