Why do you need a ethernet loopback plug? I've never
heard of or tried crossing the wires on a cable. Don't
know what would happen. Use caution. It may not even
come up or you might get a ton of collisions or
smoke... which reminds me of a graphic I have. :)

http://erickbe.home.dhs.org/etherkiller.jpg

But seriously, if you're looking to just bring a
Ethernet interface up with no hub, PC, etc hanging off
it then do 'no keep' to turn keepalives off and that
will bring it up but you won't be able to do much with
it. Connecting the ethernet interface to a hub, PC,
etc will bring it up as well as well as the cabling is
good, etc.