The break signal is dependent on the software you are using.  For instance, if you are
using Procomm, it is Alt + B, so that might be another one to try.  I haven't had any
experience with other terminal software recently, so I can't think of anything else
there.

Also, try hitting those key combinations several times.  I've noticed that under the
right conditions, it takes a while for the break to take effect.

Keep us informed and we'll try to help you out however we can.

John