You will have to set the VTP domain for the new switch to receive VLAN info.

        set vtp domain "domain_name"

You should also set the mode : server, client, transparent

        set vtp mode server
                or
        set vtp mode client
                or
        set vtp mode transparent

Make sure you set them to something other than server.  This will ensure
that the current VLAN info won't get over written by the new switch.

Good luck!

Timothy J. Hornbeck
Technical Analyst III
Infrastructure Implementation Services - Cleveland
National City Bank

- The quality of a network is not based on complexity, but
  on its simplicity and adherence to solid fundamentals.