True load balancing in this situation is actually pretty difficult to achieve,
especially if you're trying to balance incoming traffic.

Is this connection for incoming access to your services, or is it internet access for
internal users?

Since you're not running BGP, and therefore not advertising your own prefix, and also
since the other ISP connection is not active, I'm going to assume that this is for
outgoing access.

In this case, the bulk of your traffic is incoming web response traffic.  You could
try using equal weight static routes, one for each connection.  That would probably
accomplish your objective without the added hassle of running BGP.

If you have internal services that you want to advertise to the rest of the world,
then you most likely need to use BGP.  But then you need to get at least a /24
assigned from one of your ISPs and this isn't always an easy task.  Then, you have to
apply for your own autonomous system number.  Then you should figure out RPSL and
register your system and prefix information in the Internet Routing Registry.

And that's just for starters!  :-)  I would seriously consider just using static
routes, if possible.

Oh, another option is this: check out the Fatpipe Xtreme at www.fatpipeinc.com.  It's
a piece of hardware designed to do exactly what you're thinking about doing, without
having to make any extra router configuration.  I don't know much more than that, but
we have one of their reps coming to meet with us next week.  If the product turns out
to be really cool, I'll post a report of the meeting.

HTH,
John

http://www.shopping.altavista.com