Thanks for the response. So, In what kind of server setup does
LD work? Is there a way to disable load-balancing on the LD and
configure it to work as a Redirector?

I don't know if I am asking for something that LD doesn't do.
But, I am confused at the scenario when LD is implemented and
what are the things I need to keep in mind at the server sides
when I go ahead with LD solution.

Thanks

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote...

I’m not even sure it is possible to load balance between two
servers in a cluster.  Since clusters are generally presented as
one server.

Clayton
“Keith Whitfield” <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
Hi...

I am in the process of implementing a Local Director for the
servers in our company. Right now in the process of documenting
the requirements and design of it. I have some questions for
which the cisco site don’t have information in the LD
documentation. I have 2 servers on which I need to do load
balancing as well as have a fail over redundancy in case one of
them goes down. I can achieve this by the LD. But the traffic
that goes via the LD are real time transactions and I don’t know
how the application(our) will respond to these requests, since
LD laod balances on a packet-packet basis. Basically we will be
having 2 instances of the application running.So, my questions
are

1.To achieve synchronization between the servers for every
transaction that occur Do I need to have a clustering software
for these servers?

2.Can I configure the LD to forward all requests to only one
server (even though it is connected to another server) and make
the second available when the first goes down?

3. Does the The sample configs in the LD documentation assume
that the servers are already clustered or have only static data
for the outside users?

Any comments on this or if someone has a similar setup what I am
trying to acheive , please reply back.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Keith.