Hi John,

Thanks for the help,

The router that is giving me this problem is a 2621, I also have a 2611 is
it possible for me to tftp the flash from the 2611 onto my tftp server and
then try and load that onto the 2621 or is that simply not possible. Sorry,
probably a very novice question, but if I cant do that, what is the quickest
and easiest way for me to get a different flash that I could try loading
onto the router ?

One more question :) ... Is it possible to sent a binary image to the router
via the console cable ? If so does it need to be in another format or can
you simple use something like xmodem to send the same binary image to the
device ?

Thanks
Warrick FitzGerald
LiveTechnology International Inc.

"John Neiberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> My first concern is that I have no idea what that image is.  I searched
CCO for that image name and couldn't find it, not in the IOS upgrade planner
or the Feature Navigator.  The only close one I could find was 12.1(2), not
2.5, and it was about 200k bigger than the file you mention.

> Do you have that image running on another router?  If not, try loading a
different image.  That one spooks me.  <g>

> Perhaps something is wrong with flash, so another option is to replace the
flash and see if that helps.

> Another option is to use the -r option for tftpdnld which will load the
image directly to DRAM instead of to flash.  If that works, then you know
your flash is hosed.

> I hate to even mention it, but make sure your basic networking setup is
correct (addresses, masks, cables, etc.)  That goes without saying, but I'll
say it anyway.  :-)

> Good luck!
>
> John
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > When I tried to upload my IOS image to the my 2600 router it failed.
When