We have a circuit that is having pretty severe problems.  No errors are being seen at
the router serial interface, but we are experiencing about 50% packet loss (500 byte
packets) incoming.  I've just noticed something else that is odd.  For each incoming
LMI response, the number of received broadcasts increments.

Serial0 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is HD64570
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec, rely 255/255, load 2/255
  Encapsulation FRAME-RELAY, loopback not set, keepalive set (10 sec)
  LMI enq sent  235, LMI stat recvd 218, LMI upd recvd 0, DTE LMI up
  LMI enq recvd 0, LMI stat sent  0, LMI upd sent  0
  LMI DLCI 1023  LMI type is CISCO  frame relay DTE
  Broadcast queue 0/64, broadcasts sent/dropped 1135/0, interface broadcasts 1018
  Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:39:18
  Input queue: 1/75/0 (size/max/drops); Total output drops: 0
  Queueing strategy: weighted fair
  Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
     Conversations  0/23/256 (active/max active/max total)
     Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
     20505 packets input, 5242248 bytes, 0 no buffer
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     26000 packets output, 5145390 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 carrier transitions
     DCD=up  DSR=up  DTR=up  RTS=up  CTS=up

Because some keepalives are being missed, does that cause the frame switch to change
the way it sends them?  I couldn't find any other example of LMI keepalives causing
the broadcast counters to increase, and I checked this on interfaces using both Cisco
and ANSI LMI.

any ideas?

thanks,
John