I just checked out that Ultimate kit and found that I don't use much of it.
We don't all perform the same tasks - so each will choose different tools. I
tend to like fewer tools but each must be top quality. Another issue is how
to carry them. Will you have to travel (as in check it on a plane)? Do you
really want to put everything that you might ever want in one box? Usually
large and heavy - not a good idea.
Tone trace tool Progressive 700C - comes with a pouch. Has a composite tip
so you don't short pairs when running a 66 block. Heck - just turn up the
volume - hold it in one hand - and run the block with your index finger from
the other hand. Much faster.
To break out an RJ-45 plug or jack buy two Siemon MODAPT adapters. Makes it
easy to ring out a cable for opens and shorts. Use the continuity tester
from the Progressive tool above.
Buy two or three short jumpers with alligator clips on each end. Most likely
from Radio Shack. Allows you to put a short across two wires using the
MODAPT.
RJ-45 plug crimp tool. AMP 2-231652-0 Expensive. Does the job every time.
AMP 5-569278-3 Box of 100 RJ-45 plugs. Uses the cheater insert to line up
the wires.
Punch down tool. Harris. I have a D-914
Blades for the tool.  101 block style for RJ-45 jacks. 66 block style for
Telco punch downs. (almost never used)
Harris makes a plastic case to hold spare blades. Useful.
Splicers scissors.  Mine are Klein 2100-7 Cable guys rarely use any other
tool.
Small diagonal cutting pliers. Mine are Klein D528V
Medium long nose pliers with wire stripping nose. Klein D2291
Mini Mag Lite - small flashlight.
Assorted screwdrivers. #1 and #2 phillips. 1/4" flat. Small pocket size too.
Cables and adapters as you need them. Data Comm Warehouse.
Electrical outlet tester. One style plugs into an outlet. Three lights give
status.
Case. I use an old attache style fiber case. It just fits my needs better
than anything else that I have seen. I don't travel much. When I do, I hand
carry it. From Specialized in Texas. Not even in the catalog. Ellis CA8190.
Sources. Specialized great catalog prices high.
Anixter decent prices.
Graybar decent prices.
There are other companies that cater to the telco market.
If you need a tool once, improvise if you don't have it. If you need it a
second time, start shopping. By the third time buy it.
Hope that you receive many replies.