Here's some ideas for serial #:

1. If you have the right CCO access, you can go into online ordering and
pull up a particular PO and view the serial #s online.  You might be able to
get your vendor to do this for you if you don't have a direct purchase
account.
2. The serial # is always on the box the router came in if you happen to
have that somewhere.
3. The serial # may be on paperwork (POs, packing lists, etc) in your
accounting department.
4. I always use 'snmp-server chassis-id SERIAL#' when configuring so I can
then get the # via telnet or snmp.
5. CiscoWorks gets the serial #s for connected hardware, but not the chassis
itself.
6. Catalysts seem to go against this - I do believe you get the actual
chassis serial # for a Catalyst (at least the set-based) via cdp, telnet,
and CW.

Hope this helps!

Andrew