I have had issues with the doc CD on Win2K, despite applying the registry
fix.  I finally broke down and called TAC and the following is what they
sent back to me.

BTW: the search.ini edit was what cured my ills.  ;-}

Rik

The Documentation CD has some known issues, mostly related to Windows 2000.
Here are the common issues and their solutions.
The Cisco Documentation CD does not support Windows 2000 until after the
July 2000 version. If you have a version of the CD prior to July 2000 there
is a fix on this web page that usually works.
<http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/620/ioscd.html>
Uninstall the CD first, then delete the C:\Cisco directory then make the
registry change shown in the URL above then install the CD again and it
should work.
This fix is NOT needed if you have a CD dated July 2000 or later. If you
have a version of the Doc CD after July 2000 and want to install it on a
computer that had an earlier version of the Doc CD then first uninstall the
earlier version, then delete the C:\Cisco directory then install the CD.
This is necessary because starting in July the Doc CD uses a newer version
of Verity Mosaic that dosn't like being installed over an older version.
--
Internet Explorer 5.x, the Doc CD starts up to <Xbout:blank>
There are two alternate fixes for this:
1. After launching the Doc CD, put in <http://127.0.0.1:8080/home/home.htm>
for the address, and then add it to your favorites. (you have to inclued
<http://> or it won't work)
-
or
-
2. This is a 4-step fix:
A. Ensure that search.exe is not running.
B. Edit the installed search.ini (c:\CISCO\search.ini).
C. Change the line
'Browser=c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe'
'Browser=msie'
D. Launch the CD.

Nothing happens when I click Launch CD
The usual cause for this is that you've installed a post-July 2000
Documentation CD over the
top of a previous Doc CD.
The fix for this is to:
1. Uninstall the Doc CD from the control panel->add/remove programs.
2. Delete c:\cisco
3. Reinstall the Doc CD.

,

This mail was processed by Mail essentials for Exchange/SMTP,
the email security & management gateway. Mail essentials adds
content checking, email encryption, anti spam, anti virus,
attachment compression, personalised auto responders, archiving
and more to your Microsoft Exchange Server or SMTP mail server.
For more information visit http://www.mailessentials.com