Hi Pierre,

You still need to finish setting up trunking on the
2924XL to see if my theory is correct.
The two Catalysts on the segment between Port B on the
C1912 and Fa0/21 on the 2924XL don't seem to be
talking. So Port B shows that it knows who the root
bridge is, but it shows itself as the designated
bridge since it sees itself as the only switch on that
segment and thus the only way to get to the root. One
thing I still can't explain is why Port A on the C1912
shows the root cost as being 0. It should be only 0
only if it sees itself as the root, but it doesn't
because it shows the proper MAC address.
Anyways, give that a shot and let's see where it goes.

Michael

=== message truncated ===