I just installed a 2611 with a 16 port async NM for our lab.

I have a 2509 in my personal lab and it works flawlessly.

However the 2611 seems to get more "noise" and it would seize a few lines
and I would have to clear them and disconnect them before I could attach
again.

Looking at Lab 1 in the All-In-One CCIE Lab Study Guide for help I read that
this situation could also be helped by putting "no exec" on the lines.  This
prevents spurious stuff from automatically starting an exec process.
Although the command looks like it won't let you connect, just hitting the
enter key and boom - it works fine.

So for you:

line 1 8
transport input all
exec-timeout 0 0
no exec

This indeed stopped all the foolishness and it works just fine now.

Kevin Wigle