It will if they both have different IP subnets, thus
the floating route has it's own next hop.

If you want to go further you can use route-maps and
do policy routing. If PVC1 was down you could match on
the sub interface that was up and change the next hop.
Same for other PVC...

Why are you backing up one PVC with another PVC on the
same physical circuit? I work with Frame regularly and
a majority of the time frame outages involve the
entire circuit (loss of signalling / LMI, circuit
down, line problems, etc) and not just one PVC, unless
each PVC is going to a different site/spoke and the
spoke was having line/LMI issues. If this were the
case then routing traffic for this site over the other
PVC might make sense if that spoke/site had a link to
the original destination or served as a backup for
that location being down.

--- Adam Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for all your input on setting up a floating
> static suggestion, but the 2 PVCs that I have are
> both active and in production, and each is carrying
> different type of traffic.
>
> They are both acting as primary links.  I want to
> set up something that if one fail, it will jump to
the