Chan,

I will have to disagree with you there. I took and passed my CCIE written
today. It is a lot closer in form and content to the CID test than the old
ACRC test that I had taken to get my CCNP. The difficulty comes in the wide
variety of topics that are covered. There was nothing on that test that was
very deep, however, you need to know everything from Apollo to Token Ring
RIF's to OSPF, to TACACS+, to.. well.. you get the picture. Anyways, I
looked through the Lammle CCIE book after I took the test and saw a lot of
good information in there. The Lucent Netcare CCIE Prep Kit was CRAP... I
also bought the exam cram but did not have a chance to read it before I
tested.

Tim

"Changchun Xie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
96hnf4$k5$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:96hnf4$k5$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
The CCIE written test is much more difficult than the CCNP. It covers a lot
of topics that CCNP not.

I passed CCIE written first. The score is not high. After than, I did all 4
CCNP exams within one week and they are quite easy. I did my CCNP just for
changing job. Anyway, CCNP is a certificate and then CCIE qualification exam
not.

You'd better go CCNP first and get good job & opportunities to work on CCIE.

Chan.

96fa9g$kfr$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:96fa9g$kfr$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...