I think what he means is that portfast (or its Extreme equivalent) is not
enabled.  Enabling portfast essentially eliminates the full spanning tree
calculation when link is detected on a switchport.  If I'm not mistaken the
port goes directly from blocking to forwarding when portfast is enabled.

So, in its basic form, this is a spanning tree issue.

Or am I way off?

Scott

96kkmq$qu0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:96kkmq$qu0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...