On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Gordon Olson wrote:

> I am looking for a 2520 router and 2901 Switch. I have been watching ebay
> for the last few weeks without success. ebay has 24 pages of stuff, no 2520,
> lots of 2521's.
>
> Does anyone have any recommedations on where I might look? I have found
> several different resellers but no one returns my emails so I figure they
> are either too busy or don't have one.

If you or anyone else on this list is in still need of the 2901, I do have
one for $1800.00.

> The 2901 switch, I understand has the same IOS as the CAT5000. Is there any
> other switches that also have the same IOS?

yes, the 2926T, which is 24 ports instead of the cat 2901's 14 ports.  The
2926T is supervisor II based, so it has FEC capibility.  The 2901 is
supervisor I based, so it does not.  The 2901 supports ISL on all ports,
the 2926T only supports ISL on its supervisor ports.

Bottom line is that a 2901 is the cheapest/best way to go imho, the 2926T
is going to run you more $$$$, and approach the cost of a 5002.

Brian

          I'm buying used CISCO gear!!
              email me for a quote

Brian Feeny                 e:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CCNP+Voice/ATM/Security     p:318.222.2638x109
CCDP                        f:318.221.6612
Network Administrator
ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)