I've seen 2926s that sell for under $2k on Ebay - the 2901 is about as ugly
a switch as you can find (yeah it does the job, but for $200 or so
differences, just ain't worth it).  Also seen 5002s that go for under $2k on
Ebay.  Patience is the key though.

Don't get why everyone looks for a 2520.  Get a 2523 - they go for cheaper
than 2522s and have 10 serials ports (8 are low speed, 2 are high speed), vs
the 4 (2 low 2 high) in a 2520.  A 2520 might end up being a frame switch
period - while a 2523 can do that and double up as a router too.