From: Sam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 5:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Scenario we need help with...

We currently have two sites, both with their own PIX firewalls and their own
connections to the Internet via separate ISPs.  We also have a T1 point to
point directly connecting both sites.  Router A has a default route to PIX
A.  Router B has a default route to Router A.  At site A we have a
production web site on a server.  We created a mirror of the web site on a
new server located at site B.  Currently, external DNS resolves our domain
name to an IP address on the PIX located at site A.  We configured the
static mapping on Site A PIX to point to the new web server at site B.  This
has allowed us to host our web site at site B, but we are still not
utilizing our Internet connection at site B for incoming traffic.  What we
would like to do is make DNS changes to direct incoming web traffic to PIX
B.  During the time DNS changes propagate I believe we may receive traffic
via both PIX firewalls.  Once this transition is complete site A will go
away along with the T1 connection.  Any ideas on how we can make this
transition happen successfully without any interruption to our production
web site.  Any thought would be appreciated.

            ISP A - Site A PIX - Router A
Internet                                                T1 Point to Point
            ISP B - Site B PIX - Router B

Thanks in advance
Sam