From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Stephen D Skinner
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 11:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 2 internal MSFC`s running HSRP

Hello my Friends,

Please can you guys confirm something for me .

i have one 6509 with 2 SUP cards in it ....each one has an MSFC
these are running HSRP..
Hsrp is configured on all my (VLAN) interfaces , i`m not doing MLS just
CEF.with
virtuall int`s configured on both cards(we for some reason have the first
int
shutdown and the seond live).standard int`s ...Config snippet

ip subnet-zero
no ip source-route
ip cef
no ip finger
no ip domain-lookup
!
interface Vlan43
 description ==== Legacy primary interface====
 ip address 158.x.x.253 255.255.255.0
 ip access-group 153 out
 ip helper-address 158.x.difsubnet.1
 no ip redirects
 no ip directed-broadcast
 ip route-cache same-interface
 standby use-bia
 standby priority 120 preempt
 standby ip 158.x.x.254

Everything is fine-....ish

when i put a sniffer on my client VLan i am seeing HSRP HELLO`S.....Should i
?
how can i stop these leaving my 65?

thanks in advance

Stephen Skinner
GIS UK Operations,Esso Petroleum Company
External Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]