I can't find it right now, and in fact, it may not
relate to this post, however, I have posted the rules
before:

Dual Sups/Dual MSFC 6500 platform

Configurations MUST be exactly the same, except for IP
address and a few minor items. HSRP within the chassis
is not allowed. Cisco requires that this be two
chassis. It is a software issue, and badly documented,
but it is true. Cosmos is supposed to improve this,
but my NSA team still holds to this requirement.

--- Stephen D Skinner
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello my Friends,
>
> Please can you guys confirm something for me .
>
> i have one 6509 with 2 SUP cards in it ....each one
> has an MSFC
> these are running HSRP..
> Hsrp is configured on all my (VLAN) interfaces , i`m
> not doing MLS just CEF.with
> virtuall int`s configured on both cards(we for some
> reason have the first int
> shutdown and the seond live).standard int`s
> ...Config snippet
>
> ip subnet-zero
> no ip source-route
> ip cef
> no ip finger
> no ip domain-lookup
> !
> interface Vlan43
>  description ==== Legacy primary interface====
>  ip address 158.x.x.253 255.255.255.0
>  ip access-group 153 out
>  ip helper-address 158.x.difsubnet.1
>  no ip redirects
>  no ip directed-broadcast
>  ip route-cache same-interface
>  standby use-bia
>  standby priority 120 preempt
>  standby ip 158.x.x.254
>
> Everything is fine-....ish
>
> when i put a sniffer on my client VLan i am seeing
> HSRP HELLO`S.....Should i ?
> how can i stop these leaving my 65?
>
> thanks in advance
>

> Stephen Skinner
> GIS UK Operations,Esso Petroleum Company
> External Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Robert Padjen