Hi,

Check the card in your switch and ensure it supports the speed you are trying.

Some Unix boxes do not like to be hard configured others require it.  Ensure both the
old port and the new port look exactly the same.

Also secure ports will give this result.

Just some thoughts.

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia