Hi Group,

 We recently moved one our Management Station  - UniX box ( its a Netview
box) from 4th to 5th floor. I have connected it to a CAT55 switch.

When it was coonected to a Cat55 switch previously , it was operating in
full duplex 100mbps. But when i moved it yesterday to another switch port
also a CAT 55, the port just doesnt reconfigure to full duplex , 100 Mbps. I
manually tried to configure at the switch port. When i try to do it, the
port gets disconnected.

I have maintained the same vlan, just that its now connected to a different
cat55 in another floor.

Any thoughts why this happens? I cant get the port up and down, because this
is a management station and , once it is up it will send 1000's of pages. So
i have to make sure what i do is right.

Strange thing is htat, I moved to more unix boxes, and they dont seem to
have this proble,\m.

I am sure that the unix bozx is configured for full duplex, since it was
previosuly operating in full duplex mode.

Thanks in advance for any inputs

Regards

Gayathri